Sunday 28 June 2015

All My Secrets - Sophie McKenzie


Synopsis:


The shocking reality behind a £10 million inheritance turns Evie Brown's world on its head. Unable to find out the truth from her parents, Evie ends up on the mysterious island of Lightsea, where her desire for answers leads her towards a series of revelations that threaten everything she holds dear . . . including her life.

What did I think?

I haven't read a YA title for a while and this one sounded quite intriguing.

Evie gets a bombshell dropped on her when she finds out that her Mum is not her biological Mum.  Her life spirals out of control and she is sent to Lightsea island with other troubled teens.  There she meets the obligatory love interest and has the dilemma of choosing between two boys while fighting for survival.

I'm not really sure what to make of this book.  The two boys fighting over Evie is reminiscent of the Hunger Games.  The whole story has a Scooby Doo or Famous Five type feel to it but I didn't really warm to the characters.  The story itself wasn't bad, I did guess who was ultimately behind putting Evie's life in danger but his accomplice was a surprise.  I enjoyed the part about her relationship with her parents and her ultimate appreciation of them at the end did bring tears to my eyes.

For fans of YA, this is a good read and I will read Girl, Missing if I come across it in the library.

I won this title in a Goodreads First Reads giveaway.

My rating:




Buy from the Book Depository
Buy from Amazon.

No comments:

Post a Comment